You receive one of those error messages when upgrading QuickBooks Desktop or installing a payroll update:
- Error 15271: Payroll upgrade was not successfully completed. Unable to validate a script.
- Error 15271: The update failed to successfully complete. Unable to validate a script.
These errors appear when a file cannot be validated.
To enhance features and services or QuickBooks payroll and desktop intuit regularly release payroll or desktop updates. And to get the latest features you need to download the latest update, but while updating sometime we get an error message, “the updates did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated,” “The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated” which is known as QuickBooks Error 15271. And a 15271 QuickBooks Error code prevents us from accessing new releases and updates. Read the complete post carefully to fix QuickBooks error code 15271.
To get better guidance, you can get in touch with QuickBooks customer support. You can speak to our QuickBooks pro support and ask for professionals assistance. The experts and certified professionals work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
What kind of message appears when you come across QuickBooks Error 15271?
Just two errors can be seen when you experience this mistake-
- Due to insufficient changes to the payroll, a record can not be justified.
- Due to insufficient payroll changes, a report can not be accepted.
Reasons for QuickBooks error code 15271 to occur:
- This concern can arise from issues concerning network connectivity.
- This error may be due to a lack of room.
- If a file connected to your QuickBooks is mistakenly removed by another application.
- Because of corrupt window registry, this error can happen.
- It could be possible for files and programs related to your QuickBooks to become infected with a virus or malware.
- When you download the latest payroll update and you are getting a corrupted image.
- When you don’t install QuickBooks pro properly.
- Windows User Account Control (UAC) prevents the latest update from being enabled by QuickBooks.
Solutions for QuickBooks error 15271:
Solution 1: Upgrade your QuickBooks Software
- Tap on Help
- Then press Select QuickBooks to Update.
- Then press Update Now.
- Then tick the box next to Update Reset.
- Then press Get Updates.
- Close QuickBooks after that and reopen it if Update completed is shown
- Then restart your computer and click on the software install when it is complete
- Restart your computer.
Solution 2: Shut User Account control off from your device.
Some of the time the QuickBooks error 15271 mistake solves by turning off the user account access. This error happens because UAC keeps downloading new updates and you can easily turn off the UAC by following those steps and update your QuickBooks again.
Solution for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Type the control panel and press the Window+R key and click enter.
- Then go to Control Panel inside.
- Type UAC in the search window, and click enter.
- Then turn off User Account Control(UAC).
- Click the button to Ok.
- It will then ask for clarification, include your admin password.
- Restart and upgrade your machine again.
Follow these steps after turning off UAC:
- Restart your QuickBooks Software.
- A notification will then appear with this QuickBooks Update Service update, and then press Install Later.
- Then download Quickbook ‘s New Update.
- Then restart your mobile QuickBooks, again.
- Then a message appears to Install now, press it and install it.
- Reopen your desktop QuickBooks and click Yes.
- Updates the payroll tax tables after that.
Solution 3: Update to Safe Window mode
- Restart your machine, and click the F8 key continuously.
- Screen for Advanced booting options appears.
- Before that, you will use your keyboard to pick Safe Mode and then press the Enter button.
- When your window reboots in safe mode then install the payroll update again.
Solution 4: Quickbook installation under selective startup mode.
- Click Window + R key on your keyboard, then type “MSConfig” and press OK.
- Then click on General tab > Selective Startup > Load system service.
- Go to Services > Hide all Microsoft Services > Disable all tab > Uncheck hide all Microsoft Services afterwards.
- Update the payroll instead.
Solution 5: Try these steps if the Quickbooks error code 15271 still persists:
- Fix the entries to your QuickBooks list.
- Scan for malware into your computer system.
- Remove the junk files from your computer.
- Update the computer-system drivers.
- Uninstall and then install the QuickBooks program again.
- Scan your system file checker.
- Download all of the latest updates.
If you are unable to fix QuickBooks error code 15271 following the instructions above then instantly find a QuickBooks expert or QuickBooks support contact number to ask from them what you can do now.