Many people ask about the best ways to stay away from error code 1406 and steps to fix this error. Using QuickBooks software is a hassle-free process only when you have experts by your side to guide at the time of difficulties.
If you don’t know how to fix this error, then here is a short guide for you. In this blog, we are mentioning reasons when QB show this error code and some easy to follow steps to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1406.
Let’s begin with the reasons first.
So, you may face error code 1406 when security program or your firewall blocks the entrance forms, registry key of damaged windows is getting denying the installer program’s access, or if the windows installer segment is damaged. These three conditions can let you face error 1406.
You can try the following ways to fix QuickBooks error 1406;
- Press Ctrl+R to open ‘RUN’ Command.
- Then you need to type ‘MSConfig’, and select ‘OK.’
- Go to ‘selective startup,’ search ‘load system services,’ and then ‘Load startup items.’
- Find the ‘’services tab and click on it.
- Go to the option ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.
- Click on ‘disable all.’
- Once you disable all, go to ‘hide all Microsoft services’ and click on it.
- You must doublecheck the services list here and make sure that the ‘windows installer’ checkbox is selected.
- Restart the computer.
- Click the Restart button. Wait till computer restarts.
- Now, in the end, use a clean install to install, uninstall, or reinstall.
All the above steps, your system will get restored to its ideal/standard configuration.
After restoration, you need to go ahead with the following steps.
- Press Ctrl+R. This will open the ‘Run’ command.
- Click OK after typing ‘MSConfig.’
- ON the ‘general’ tab, select normal startup’’ and then click OK.
- Restart your computer again.
The above process should help you in taking care of QuickBooks Error Code 1406. There are other ways too. If you want to know other possible options, then connect with QuickBooks experts. Through 24/7 available QuickBooks online support number, you can get a professional’s step by step help. Be it the error 1406, or any other code; you can get assistance for all possible QuickBooks related concerns.