QuickBooks error code h505 occurs when you’re trying to open a company file that is not available on your computer. At times, it may also appear when the file needs some extra configuration. It is an issue related to hosting settings.
It occurs when a user is trying to open the company file in multi-user mode and that the computer doesn’t have proper QuickBooks installation and set-up. Then, QuickBooks error h505 may occur.
How to fix QuickBooks error code h505?
First method: Create a new company file folder
- On the hosting computer, create a replacement folder. After that, share the original folder and Windows access permissions to share that file.
- Ask the IT professional to help you with this if you don’t have access to the hosting computer.
- Create a new folder and then copy the .qbw file in multi-user mode.
- You should now be able to open the file. You can also consult an expert for QuickBooks related assistance.
Second Method: Check the hosting and services
Another method to quickly fix QuickBooks h505 is by verifying the hosting and QuickBooks services on the system.
- Open QuickBooks on every workstation. It should not be the server or the hosting computer.
- Click on the file and then press utilities.
- The computer is not hosting the company file in case it shows multi-user access on that list.
- However, if you see multi-user access at the workstation, then there is no need to change anything. You can move on to the next computer.
- Repeat the above steps.
Verify QuickBooks services
- Press Windows Key + R and open the run function.
- Type MSC in the box and then click enter.
- Search services.msc in the Windows search bar.
- Search QuickBooks DBXX service in the Services window and double click on that option.
- Ensure that the repair standing in the running or started. After that, click on the recovery tab.
- If there is a failure, you can restart QuickBooks DBXX services.
- Press OK for saving the changes, if any do.
- Repeat the above steps for QBCF Monitor Service.
- Try opening QuickBooks in a multi-user mode. If there is a problem even after that, try contacting a professional who can offer expertise and support related to QuickBooks services.